First off Caitlyn, I love that you are in a pool right now! From your debrief video, I can tell that you loved your fieldwork placement. I am so happy that you had a great experience. I agree, I also need to improve my documentation skills!
Class Make-Up (1/31/18) The day I missed class, we discussed the different theories in group practice. The theories we talked about are: Psychoanalytic/psychodynamic, Behavioral-Cognitive, Cognitive Disabilities, Developmental, Sensory-Motor, MOHO. The Psychoanalytic/Psychodynamic theory is loosely structured, with the leadership style as a facilitator. Once the task has been presented, the group usually goes with the flow. The goal of this is for the individuals to gain insight. It is meant to be very introspective, consisting of projective techniques and activities such as house-tree-person. The Behavioral-Cognitive is my personal favorite. This is highly structured, with the directive leadership style. The goal is to change an individual’s thoughts and behaviors by incorporating activities that focus on the alteration of the thought process. Cognitive disabilities is also a highly-structured group with a highly directive leadership style. It is created based on combinin...
I chose this movie for my first Neuro note because I loved it the first time I saw it. Before this movie came out, I read the book in two days. Needless to say, I saw it the night it came out in theaters. As I watched it a second time, I was more interested in the therapeutic side of the movie since we just recently learned a lot about SCI’s. I thought the insight given on a person living with a Spinal Cord Injury was so interesting. Will Traynor lived an extravagant and adventurous life until his accident. His new caregiver, Lou, wanted to help him enjoy life again, so she did everything she could to make him happy. She even organized a trip and took him to the beach. She inspired me throughout the movie to stay positive, and to do everything I can to help my client live the life they want to. This movie also did a great job of showing the side effects someone with a SCI can experience, such as pain, secondary health problems, and trying to adjust to the overall lack of independence....
I facilitated a group on "Caring for Pets". The group lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of introductions, a warm up, a discussion about the responsibilities and costs involved with a pet, the benefits of pets, and then we had an activity. I think the most significant part of group for me was realizing how important it is to read your group. It was the end of the day on Friday, after a very long week in school. The group was exhausted and stressed, so I tried to make it a fun and low-key session. I was going to have the group write down several different topics to discuss, but once I saw how everyone was tired, I decided we could just make the discussion open for people to share ideas if they wanted to. I am very proud of the way my group went. I felt very comfortable facilitating, which I think was due to my being more comfortable with my group and the group process, as well as loving the topic I was leading the group on. The introduction consisted of me introducing...
OH my goodness! I loved this so much! I'm so glad that your enjoyed your fieldwork, and I also hope you enjoy that pool!
ReplyDeleteFirst off Caitlyn, I love that you are in a pool right now! From your debrief video, I can tell that you loved your fieldwork placement. I am so happy that you had a great experience. I agree, I also need to improve my documentation skills!
ReplyDelete