Me Before You

I chose this movie for my first Neuro note because I loved it the first time I saw it. Before this movie came out, I read the book in two days. Needless to say, I saw it the night it came out in theaters. As I watched it a second time, I was more interested in the therapeutic side of the movie since we just recently learned a lot about SCI’s. I thought the insight given on a person living with a Spinal Cord Injury was so interesting. Will Traynor lived an extravagant and adventurous life until his accident. His new caregiver, Lou, wanted to help him enjoy life again, so she did everything she could to make him happy. She even organized a trip and took him to the beach. She inspired me throughout the movie to stay positive, and to do everything I can to help my client live the life they want to. This movie also did a great job of showing the side effects someone with a SCI can experience, such as pain, secondary health problems, and trying to adjust to the overall lack of independence. While the ending was heartbreaking, this movie did a wonderful job of showing a glimpse into the life of someone with a SCI, as well as someone taking care of someone with a SCI. I highly recommend for everyone to watch this movie.


Moyes, Jojo. (Writer), Sharrock, Thea. (Director). (3 June 2016). Me Before You [Motion Picture]. USA: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM).

Comments

  1. Great post! I definitely agree with you in that the movie does a great job of showing how multi-dimensional the effects of an SCI can be. Not only did it show how an SCI can affect a person's physicality, but it also noted the changes that can occur to one's mental states as a result of this injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to watch this movie again after learning more about his condition! Great insight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment